- 1 cup (255g) natural creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (180ml) nonfat milk
- 1 large egg (or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 2 cups (244g) whole wheat flour* (measured correctly)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (30g) oats (either whole-rolled or quick oats are fine)
- 2-3 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the peanut butter, milk, and egg together with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the flour and baking powder. You may need to turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and use your hands to work in the flour. Mix in the oats and bacon. The dough is extremely thick and heavy.
- Using a floured rolling pin, cut into shapes using cookie cutters or a knife. Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven, and flip the treats to bake the other side for 10-12 more minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving to your pup. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Make ahead/freezing: Since the pups can't eat the whole batch in a week, I usually freeze them. Jude loves them right out of the freezer too! The treats freeze well up to 2 months.
source : http://sallysbakingaddiction.com